Definition of dream could be different between people's thought. Some people think dream is not real and they don't care about dreams; Some people think it's meaningful and it could relate to real life ; Some people think it's something that we wanted to happen; Some people think it's like a vision of future. The last one is what I think is true because I have been experiencing this. When I am doing something, it feels like it happened before of it happened in my dream and it feels so awkward for me.
I remember this happened to me. I went to bed and I was very tired, I fall asleep less than 10 seconds. Suddenly, my mind's all clear but my body can't move at all and that scared me. I told myself to sleep since there were school the second day. Turned asleep, same thing happened to me again, heard a woman screaming, my ears' full of pain, it felt like someone is on me, my eyes and my body couldn't move. I guess it turned out I got too tired than I fall asleep until i got up. I kept asking myself if it's really happened to me or it's just a dream. Some people say it's because "Your mind waked up, but the muscles of your body didn't catch up that fast, that's why you couldn't move." And I heard some Chinese people says it's because "A ghost was pressing you down." but it feels so unrealistic to me.
I saw a person posted what he saw in a dream to a forum and ask if anyone knows what's the meaning of the dream. It is a forum from Hong Kong and people told him to go out to find some old people that knows how to "answer meaning of the dream." I was being curious about that so I kept reading. They said, "a dream could be meaningful if you still remember what was happening, it can tells if you are going to face a big situation, in danger, or some other things that could be happen and it's relate you or your relations.
A student who has a private blog wrote about a similar experience. And I've had students in past years also tell me they've had things like this happen. One of my students even told me, like your heard, that she'd had a "spirit holding her down." (Those weren't her exact words, but it was a lot like what you mentioned.)
ReplyDeleteI've never experienced it myself, although I have had plenty of interesting dreams and done some experimenting with that. But I think these scary experiences might be more common than we realize.