5. If you used any quickwrites as blog posts, how did they change from what you wrote by hand in class to what you published on your blog? In other words, how did you go from rough draft to final draft? Explain your revision/rewriting process.
For quick writes, we get 5 minutes to prepare and 10 minutes for writing. I think me and many people are just rushing through and I am sure that many of us have times that we are stuck with the topic since the time that we have is not long enough, some detail place might get forgotten. Also, when people rushes, mistakes are sure will happen, like, wrong spelling, wrong grammar, redundancy, and punctuation. When it's time that we have time in front of a computer and work on a writing that is needed to turn in for assignment, bad mistakes will be fixed because we have time. Furthermore, by the time that we are typing sentences in the computer, we will think through. If there are sentences that sound kind of weird, I can change them into a better way of writing, than put it on my blog. Therefore quick writes are sometimes a good rough draft for changing to be in final draft as a blog post that we need to do at every week. For me, when I do a quick write, the five minutes that we can prepare, I'll first think the things that I can write about, than detail about these things. Since I am easy to forget ideas that I just thought about, I sometimes will write them at the top of my paper, than I can still look at them and know what to do, sort of like a "to write list." Although I have the ideas, it's possible that i get stuck, so the writing might be as long as I wanted. By that, I can improve it to be a better writing when I want it to be posted as a blog post. I like to use Microsoft Word Office to writings, it get spelling check, grammar check, easier for myself to check myself. Sometimes it's hard to know that yourself had done something wrong, it might because I am the one who wrote it, than we would think it's good, this changes when other else take a look at it. They'll probably will give the best advice for things that I could improve.
7. What have you learned from your struggles with writer's block? Why do you tend to get stuck? How do you tend to get unstuck? Notice any patterns?
I have been stuck for a lot of times when I do blog posts, it almost happens to me every times. I am a person that is easily to get distracted by anythings. Sometimes this happen to me, I trying to think a topic that I can write for a topic, and something else keeps distracting me, it could be my hamsters fighting, than I need to stop them, it could be my brother playing computer games and since I am a person that like to see what people are doing, than i get distracted to see him playing. By that, my ideas just keep changing. Even if I have a idea, I wonder if it can write it as long as limited, my idea might get refused by my mind. Because of all this is happening to me, I am trying to get away from them. For now, I plugged my earphones on and turned my music's volume to be kind of high, nothing's about sound can distracts me, and my mind keeps telling myself to stop from trying to watch my brother playing computer games. I believe ideas are easier to think of if we are not getting distracted by stuff, at least we wont forget them, when something suddenly pops out and happened, it could let the idea of my mind got distracted and forgotten. I use to watch news, TV shows, walk around, chat with people to get unstuck. I believe that helps, since I like topic that's happening around people, topics that's about human. Friend's thinking, news' about people around the world would actually helps. Once I really got stuck and couldn't think out anything else to write about, and my friend just told me this, "well if you like to write stuff about human, think more about what's happening human with the world." And I told myself, "why didn't I think about those? That's probably easy to think out many topics." Than I wrote things about health, what's humans are doing to the earth that we are living on. Furthermore, it works out great, it's long enough as a blog posts and it lets me think about what is really happening around the earth, and make myself to change to treat the earth better.
8. How do you like having a blog? How has blogging changed the way you write, the way you think, or the way you think about writing?
Having a blog is something that I never would really think to have as assignment of school. It's more like I just need to post whatever I would like to talk about. I guess this blog has changed my way that i write and my thinking has changed too. I like to learn from pass, what do I mean is, learning from things' from pass can help a person to get more mature. I had faced some situation about socializing with people, and I had done something that people would think which are wrongs. But at that time, I might think there are nothing that I am wrong. Time passes by, than I think back to things that I've done, and I will start to think, "Oh, I really don't need to say that, do that, why was I doing that? people might really feel bad because of me." Same thing for the blog, maybe a curtain time later, when I go back and take a look at this, I might think, "I should do a better job for this!" Than having better improvement, my thinking will sure change too.
I have never met a English teacher that's let student doing blog post as writing assignment, more likely, I like this kind of assignment. This might really let me have a better habit about writing for a blog, write things that happened to me, things that I am thinking about, I might continue doing this later on too.
No comments:
Post a Comment