Jan 8, 2010

I think concentrating is somehow very hard for everyone, especially for young adults, teenagers, and kids. I sort of think it's impossible to 100% concentrating something. There are so much things inside the brain, like memories, knowledge, etc. I believe if one's doing on one work, and there must be sometimes that he isn't focusing on and think something else. For me, I am one of those people who is having problem just to concentrate on one work. I have always wanted to finish my school work earlier but my mind keeps telling myself to have a little bit of fun, than time for my work. As a result, time passes by, and I am doing things on last minute. There are people who are really good at concentrating on things, but the population of them are small. I think concentrate is one thing with born or trained since like a kid.
Right now, there are so many technology things that could easily distract us, like i pods, computer, T.V, etc. Too many thing fun things around us. If a person could stay on one thing and want to finish it around these technology things, that person gets good concentrating skill. Just like me, I couldn't do any of my homework in front of my computer because I will keep using messenger to talk to people and it really makes my speed of doing homework lower. And I still remember once, I was about to mess up because I really need to finish those homework in a short time, and I knew computer and i pod will distract me. There fore, i decided to turn them off just to make me stay focus.
I think it's really hard to practice on concentrating, well I think it's possible for training concentration, but putting effort for long time will be needed. I more likely think I am "making" myself to do homework because of no more time, and not "practicing" to concentrate to do my homework.

1 comment:

  1. "I think it's really hard to practice on concentrating, well I think it's possible for training concentration, but putting effort for long time will be needed."

    Very true--but most things worth learning take lots of time and effort. This is no exception!

    "I more likely think I am 'making' myself to do homework because of no more time, and not 'practicing' to concentrate to do my homework."

    Yes, just because you're doing one thing at once doesn't mean you're not still multitasking. I've noticed this in myself all the time...I'm trying to do some work or some reading (or whatever) and in my head, I'm practicing music at the same time without even noticing it...

    ReplyDelete