Jun 7, 2010

Semester Final

1)Explain one or two ways your writing has improved (or not) over the semester. Include a few examples from your posts over time, with analysis and links to the original posts, to illustrate how the improvement(s) happened.

2)Choose one of your posts. (Your favorite? Your least favorite? The one that surprises you the most when you reread it? Any one you want to pick.) Analyze it in detail, with quotes etc. And link to it, of course!



I can feel my writings has improved and it's better than before when it was like at the beginning of the year. It's easy to tell when I went back and read most of the writings. When I finished reading them, I feel like my writing skills have been improved well. I had Sutherland's class last year also, however, we did the same quick write, with 5 minutes preparation then writes for 10 minutes. 10 minutes could be a pretty long time, but how long you write is depends on how fast you write and how fast you think, English level could be a problem too. Those writings from last year are short, some are even only written for less than one page of binder paper. But by the time I write more and more, the length of these writings have been increasing, from half of a page, to about a full page long. I believe the method of "write more as a practice" works since it works for me, at least it's now easier to write faster and more than before. I remember that I wrote a quick write that was about dream, compare that to the one that I published in this blog, it's way different. The old one was written in less than half a page, and the new one is way longer than that. And the old one has no evidences to support the thought of me believe in "dream means something and it could be affective by how the dream is like," isn't well written, having grammar problem and it's weird. At the new one, I first off gave a short introduction of what is the opinion of me think about the term dream, then I gave out some thinking that has been told by different people, from forums, friends or family. At last I gave out the example of me facing an experience to support my thesis.

Furthermore, I admit that I have been falling off from being so lazy and not doing my work, the big reasons are mostly about the laziness, time managing. These two big facts is super affective to most of the teens or kids, not doing work because of too lazy and feel like to play or hang out with people. If one can nicely manage time, it means you are being mature enough to take the responsibilities nicely and be responsible to your own works in order to get a nice grade. Which I did a bad job on taking the responsibilities controlled well. Although there was a blog post from the beginning of the year that is about time managing, and I told out the strategies that could be useful to make myself concentrating on works and finish them fast, it failed hard. It was bad that I just wrote it, than I just felt like, "Whatever, it's only a blog post" which that was wrong to do that since what I'm actually witting is about life, as what i wanted to focus on writing. Those posts are useful, to make myself what to not do or do, and it's possible that I can go back and see if there are any improvements to make myself a better human, like being more mature, being smarter. And it could be meaningful to others, people could look at this post, and think what's the good part and the bad part of it, and warn themselves from not doing the same old thing that people did in the wrong way.


I think choosing a bad post that I had written in a bad way, which there are grammar problem, spelling problem, and redundancies, can make myself learn more. People from the pass agrees on the fact that "people can learn the most from failures." Not saying that it's such a big thing about these bad written posts, but I believe by the time I look at them, I can tell what were the bad parts that I had done wrong, and might keep it in my mind so I can change myself and hope to remind myself from not doing the same mistakes. It's easy to just say, "yeah I'll never going to miss this big mistake that I've done." However, it's called mistake, it's going to be still popping out unless you've really stick this warning in your brain, or you'll just keep forgetting it until you do. That's a big problem to many people, like spelling mistakes, having extra sentences that are pretty useless.

The post that I wrote at September that's about "spitting, throwing trash, and gum on the ground are bad for the society" was surprising me. The whole point of me is mostly about the term "littering." It was kind of useless to type out tones of redundancies because I kept repeating on the same sentence, or something that's close to it. If I rewrite this topic, I would do a nicer intro first, the rhetorical question was nice, but the other parts are weird. I would say, "These people that's littering won't think it's such a huge problem, but as a matter of face, these action is harming the earth, and it's causing people to disliking at it because it's affecting people." So the introduction would be more specific and tells what am I going to be say. After that, I will give out more details for how littering is affecting people and the earth, then tell how does people thinks on littering. "There are so many effects that littering is causing to the earth or to the people around you. Littering can causes disease because of dirty containers, it can makes animals to eat these dirty meals of you littered then humans have to eat it back, which it can also causes sickness. Furthermore, people might liter into rivers, and these trash might flow to other places and affect the quality of water, then the government has to pay so much just to clean these mess up. If we're talking about small piece like gum, or little piece of paper that people throws at school, it's still causing others to do extra work, teachers have to clean up after class which these students should have behave better so the campus will be clean, not having principle or teachers to walk around and find these trashes." Lastly, the part of my friend told me about gum was fine, and the conclusion was good as well, that's all I can tell from this post.


No comments:

Post a Comment