Mar 12, 2010


It's TED Friday again today in Sutherland's class! The topic is about food, I like the video and I had discovered many facts about foods around school, home, and other places.
I agree with Jamie Oliver, the person that talked in the video. Junk food such as candy, chips, and fast food such as McDonald, KFC, Burger King,etc. are all around the country that we are living in, and it's affecting the whole world. Kids and teenagers used to like to buy snacks to eat at classes, at home in front of TV or computer. But the purpose of these snacks are for you to pay many of moneys since it's tasty in stead of letting you to get full.
For me, I don't usually buy junk food and eat it much. I sometimes think it's a waste of money since when I'm eating it, I would want more since it's tasty, which matches the purpose of these sellers and makers of these junk food. Therefore, when it's tasty, human would want more, maybe yourself don't really think you should get more, but desire sometimes take over control of rational. It's similar to a situation of someone is having a bag of chips, when you get it the first time, you might tell the owner "Can I get some? Just once, please!" But when you ate what you have, you would want some more, than you either ask that owner again, or you will control yourself since you think you should stay with the promise of only getting it once. Junk food is not healthy at all since it might be too many sweet, fats. It's bad for human's health and it's easy to gain fat. Which is a big problem for fat people to get died earlier.
In the pass few days, all I ate are breakfast and dinner. My mom always cook at dinner and I usually have my breakfast prepared myself before school. I usually get a cup of milk and I either eat breads or my mom would cooks for me. My mom thinks cook heavily is very important since food is what we eat, and it goes into the mouth and we receive nutrients from food. Therefore my mom wants us to balance what we eat.
I choose to eat food that I think would help on my health and makes me growth since I think I'm way too small and I don't have a regular weight compare to other teens that are in the same age as me.
In China, mostly women can cook very nicely and males are usually out for work. But since time is passing, world change, balance between male and female become they have the same power. Since many women needs to work for family, and many female in Hong Kong right now doesn't know how to cook since they're busy and couldn't learn. Because of these problems, I can cook because my mom taught me to. I think it's not a hard skill when you want to learn. It was funny when my mom told me, "If you get in a fight with your wife in the future, and she wouldn't cook for you, you can at least cook for yourself, or even cook for your kids. If she couldn't cook, you dont have to eat those junk food out side, they're unhealthy"

No comments:

Post a Comment