Mar 24, 2010

Lit circle letter #3

The chapter, "the first foster family" was awful and I can remember how bad it was. First, Loung, Chou, and Kim were lonely and need people to take care of them. Kim asked a family camping nearby to let them to live with the family. But they can't take care of more people. Loung was hopeless, but it was good for a man found a family that can let them stay with them but they needed to work for the family. I feel sad when the new family makes her remember her Pa which makes her be unhappy. Furthermore, at this chapter, there are few sexual harassment. One of them is from her brother from the family, another one is from the soldier. I can imagine how hard was the experience that she had since strength of males and females are way different. But all these can tell that she was being strong for facing these problems.
There is one part that tells how did the family of Loung's was having everyone to have a curtain job. I like this part because it tells how did they do although they're left and need to take care of themselves. After that, she saw a woman that looks like her mom from behind, by the time that she saw her husband, she figure it out it was not true and she started to face that her mom was no longer there. But how she felt bad meant how much her mom was the big part of her life.
At the last chapter, Meng, the oldest brother told the family a good new. They can go to America because he had found a sponsor to bring them there. Everyone was screaming and they were very happy since they don't have to save money themselves and leave Cambodia earlier. By the time they're going to the aircraft, there was a quote that is the thinking of Loung's, it says "I think of Pa. I know his spirit can travel over land to be with me but worry if he can cross the ocean to America. Then in my dream, Pa is sitting next to me, his fingers caress my cheeks and face. The light touch tickles and makes me smile." I like how this quote is telling his father in her mind is the greatest hero that protects her from danger, and making herself strong to fight through hard experience. Her father is sure going to help her for the life in America.

No comments:

Post a Comment