Oct 6, 2009

Tatum unit part 1 reading

(6.) “Yeah, I just found out that Cleopatra was a Black woman.”

“What?”

The first student went on to explain her newly learned information. The second student exclaimed in disbelief, “That can’t be true. Cleopatra was beautiful!”



I annotated that these conversation shows they can't believe this woman is black because of her look. I think it show that if they wouldn't know if they didn't find out that. Also, I think their thought changed after they realize that Cleopatra is a black woman. When one of the student said " What? That can't be true, Cleopatra was beautiful!"
I think it shows that if a woman is really beautiful, people doesn't care about their race. Furthermore, I think the quote shows that person feels sad when he heard that and he was surprise when he knows that's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment