Sep 14, 2011

[BC] UC Prompt draft


I had been doing what my parents tell me to do because I had never thought about what I would become at the future. I didn’t have any specific interests until I got in high school. However, my family is mostly my biggest influence to me since I spent most of my childhood time at my home. Also, I believe the way I shape like is because my brother, mostly. He is my big brother and I have been relying on him because he is very obliging and intelligence.
I still remember when I was a kid; I follow whatever my brother does. My brother used to build robot plastic models, and because of that, I try to do the same thing. I was only 7-8 years old which it was really hard for me to understand the instruction that was given. Resulting I cry because I kept not being able to have my model built. Every time when that happens, my brother smiles at me, and nicely say, “Calm down, you can’t solve anything if you just sit there and cry, right? Here, look at the instruction again and watch how I do it.” That was the story of how I actually learn the idea of not trying to solve things if my mind isn’t calm or clears enough. More of a fact that people has a higher chance of making mistake when they are in a negative mood. I am still learning to control emotion better in order to deal with different kind of things without having other things to interrupt in.
Furthermore, I have been spending a lot of time on computer and it’s also affected my brother. Well, as a negative thing that my parents have been saying. I and my brother play a lot of computer games. However, there was also a technology sort of club in my elementary school and I joined. Because of both my brother and my school, I learned a lot of things that I can do in a computer. From school, I was able to learn how to use Adobe Flash, Photo-shop, and Dream-weaver to make and decorate a basic website using HTML codes. The reason my brother got involve is because he knows these things that I was able to learn from school. Therefore, whenever I got stuck on ideas or I forgot how to use some functions over in the soft-wares, my brother is the one that can always help me.
As both of us growing up, he has been studying more and more stuff about computer. He started studying computer coding from Internet sources since he was in high school, then started to study about real programming from college classes. Because of what he has to do daily, sometimes I get to see how he writes code and that made me in interested of learning the same thing as him. As well as understanding what he does became one of my hobby, also made me love how to figure and solve computer problems by my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment