Sep 23, 2011

[RE] THE DIABLO 3.


I was looking around over at Google reader and I saw the post by Calvin Lin talking about the Diablo 3. Blizzard has been telling the world that they're releasing Diablo 3, "soon." However it took us long enough to actually see the game in beta? I know they said they're going to release the new Diablo "in 1-2 year" at like 2006-2007. But oh well, we now see the game out, eh?

I remember I used to play Diablo 2 when I was still a kid, maybe around the age of 8. Yeah, I played computer games since I was that little, probably because I got influenced by my brother. It's like 9 years ago therefore I forgot almost everything about Diablo. However, here is one thing that I still know. Diablo is famous and good enough so that when I play other kinds of game, I can see the shadow of Diablo in these games. What I am trying to say is, it's hard to really figure out new ideas for gaming. Diablo really succeed at the old time and that made other company steal(follow? maybe.) some of their ideas.

Here’s an example of the item page at Diablo 2.



Example of another games released a few years ago or so. (Can tell the window is pretty similar)

(Sorry that it's in Chinese LOL. This is the first game that pop up in my mind that has a fimilar item page.
you can notice the little square thing, and depends on what item, they take more/less spaces.)




These shows how old games have affected other company and as well tell one thing: they're classic and well designed enough to have people want to use that idea in their own game in order to make up a game for gamers to enjoy, and of course! Making money from it!


P.S. Diablo 2 was released in 2000, Diablo 1 was released in 1996. So it's a super classic old and fun game and it's like the first generation of ARPG game.

2 comments:

  1. Oh god, I remember Diablo. I used to watch my dad play as a kid, and when I was 14 I started playing a little because my friends were into it. It was a seriously devastating blast from the past. I also recall previews of Diablo 3 from that time, so it makes sense that it's out now.
    It looked really awesome and maybe I'll try it. I also wanted to try the LOTR MMORPG, blah blah, rpgs, etc, sorry.
    But yes, Diablo was totally ahead of its time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beta came out and tons of people were trying to get a try of the awesome DIABLO 3
    I watched some streams that people showed about the game, the graphic is really nice and it seems like a brand new game.

    ReplyDelete