Sep 23, 2011

[FREE]Tech Aide!

I don't know if any of you know the class Tech Aide, but just a short introduction, it's mostly about having students in that class to provide technology support/services for teachers.

This class is pretty fun, well at least in my opinion. I had this class last year for fifth period and I thought the school was going to cut this class out because of the budget issue. There was once where I along with my friend were sent for helping Ms. Mcallister to fix her printer/computer. (I don't really remember what we did for her, but whatever.) After we were done, she said something like "So I heard they're going to cut this class, but you guys are the one that always come over when we have computer problems, they shouldn't be cutting such helpful class! What you guys should also do is to have parents writing letters to the district and tell them how important you are." I didn’t reply her, instead, I laughed away because I thought we can’t really do anything about choices that had been made by the district. But in the other hand, I laughed because I feel great being helpful to teachers that I have helped.

Guess what, I saw posters about this class is back. Reminded me of the quote above and realized the possibilities of maybe teachers, parents, and students requested to keep it. Lead to me went to switch in tech aide again. Now since I am the only old tech guy, I am EXCUSED to do those book assignments or whatsoever. YAY! That’s also the other great thing that I like about this class! I get to just fix stuff around the school because I already did those vocabs, small projects, etc. from last year.

Though you can learn pretty much from this class. There are different job titles which you can choose to do databases stuff, trouble shooting computers, networking support, and of course that’s not just it. I mostly go around and trouble shoot, and as well fixing them. But dang... I seem like forgetting a lot of stuff that I learned over in last year. I can barely remember how to do check-disk, and I even forgot how to re-imaging school computers.(Different than my home computer, I guess school ones are so old and because different OS or maybe other reasons.)

No comments:

Post a Comment